weekend

2012 08 06 at 17 16 28

2012 08 06 at 13 16 16

2012 08 06 at 13 13 21

2012 08 06 at 17 12 43

2012 08 06 at 17 16 39

Snippets of Cairo and Thomasville, Georgia. 

Last week I learned to drive my friend's stick shift car so we could take a road trip to see some of our friends who moved away from Savannah after they got married. We laughed a lot, played with their pup (who loves to bite, but is so darn cute we didn't mind), went antique shopping, ate too much, drank coffee in the mornings, and watched the olympics until late at night. 

It was an adventure. I am happy to have a new life skill. I was anxious excited before we left since I had only had one driving lesson, but the back roads of south Georgia were perfect for practicing how not to stall the car. It felt like driver's ed and I had forgotten what it was like to be nervous behind the wheel. I surprised myself when I decided to just go for it instead of insisting we drive my car or riding in the passenger's seat for the entire trip. It's a good feeling to be adventurous sometimes, for a person who isn't always. Small victories.


2 comments:

Faith said...

Great photos! Learning something new and scary is empowering, isn't it? It's been awhile since I've had an experience like that. Hmmmm... maybe I should fix that soon!

Cait said...

your posts always bring a smile to my face. without fail.

Post a Comment